Running is a natural activity for young children. The primary focus of our junior squads is to make running and athletics fun and enjoyable. Young athletes in our squads participate in many interactive running games and activities, thereby making an early association between exercise and fun.
Our squads incorporate easy to learn running drills to teach young athletes proper technique, as well as fun activities to develop athletics skills such as relay races, handicap races and running over adventurous cross country courses.
Children will also develop confidence through the successful completion of running challenges. This instils within them the confidence to achieve whatever physical or academic targets they set for themselves later in life, as long as the necessary effort is made.
Interaction with other children with similar interests from different schools and age groups also teaches the concept of fair play and how to problem solve, overcome obstacles and achieve goals as part of a group.
- Running fitness and technique for junior athletes aged 5-12 years
- Ideal preparation for school cross country and athletics carnivals
- Increase running performance for team sports
- Nutritional education and promotion of healthy eating habits
- Run for fun, fitness, weight management and a healthy lifestyle
Check out our Junior Athletics Timetable for all squad dates, times and locations.
- $220 per child per school term (based on a 10 week school term, inclusive of GST)
- $272 per child for the Elite Junior Development Squad
- Pro rata term fees available for first time athletes
Working With Children (WWC) Certificate Number: WWC0606494E